[MOC] Tatra 813 8x8 Kolos - trial modification

Wszystko co związane z / everything about LEGO Truck Trial, Cross Country, Truck Racing, Outdoor Car Racing

Moderatorzy: BJ, Aleksander Spyra, Blaha, Atros, ManiekManiak, omen, Mod Team, BJ, Aleksander Spyra, Blaha, Atros, ManiekManiak, omen, Mod Team

Autor
Wiadomość
Shmade

[MOC] Tatra 813 8x8 Kolos - trial modification

#1 Post autor: Shmade »

Hi, I finished my truck, but I can't come this weekend to race with you, I have to work, so I hope I meet some of you in next session...

So what about the truck... the drive is powered by 2 PF XL motors, for steering there is one PF medium, fake 12V engine is powered by 9V mini motor. All of these motors gets juice from one battery box via two recievers. The truck has semipendular suspension on each axle. Cabine has opening doors. For now there are no PF lights but maybe I will put them on later...

Now I realized, that I forgot to build rearview mirrors and screen wipers, they will surly come... :)

Basic dimensions (I will add more requested dimensions later...)

Scale ~ 1/13
length 62 cm
high 22 cm
width 25 studs (at wheels little bit more)
weight 2320g

And here are some pictures...

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek
Ostatnio zmieniony 2009-06-18, 15:33 przez Shmade, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
smyk
VIP
brickshelf: smyk

#2 Post autor: smyk »

Any films from first drive?
We want see how it's move.
GPM '07#2 | '08#2 | '09#5 | '10#3 | '11#4
LTTC '11#6 | '12#2 | '13#3 | '14#3 | '15#3 | '16#2 | '17#4 | '18#4 | '19#11 | '20#7 | '21#9

Awatar użytkownika
Kubrick
VIP
brickshelf: Kubrick
Kontakt:

#3 Post autor: Kubrick »

Looks awsome!
Shmade pisze:I can't come this weekend to race with you, I have to work, so I hope I meet some of you in next session...
We've got 2 races in southern Poland soon: 11.07.2009 in Krakow and 18.07.2009 in Wroclaw. It will be great to see you there and compare our trucks.
Shmade pisze:The truck has semipendular suspension on each axle.
What do you mean? Are there any stabilizers on the suspension?
Cieślu pisze:kup volvo nie bądź janusz
Cieślu pisze:Ty to byś Kubrick wszystko zwieśniaczył :>

Shmade

#4 Post autor: Shmade »

Thanks for reactions,

smyk:
Yet I don't have any film, but I am going to make some, I finished the truck today in the morning, now I am at work, so maybe tomorow...

Kubrick:
No there are no stabilizers, maybe I wrote it wrong... But as I understand, pendular suspension means, that whole axle can swing around center, so what I meant with that semipendular suspension on axles, is that each wheel can swing separatly...

Awatar użytkownika
Kubrick
VIP
Kontakt:

#5 Post autor: Kubrick »

Shmade pisze:But as I understand, pendular suspension means, that whole axle can swing around center, so what I meant with that semipendular suspension on axles, is that each wheel can swing separatly...
You understand a little wrong :) You have independent suspenssion in this truck :)

Awatar użytkownika
Tomek
brickshelf: tomke92

#6 Post autor: Tomek »

First of all, really nice to see good looking and I hope good working Tatra in forum!

In the last year, when we were meet in Kielce, I was with my Tatra - T 815, 6x6 of course. I don't have topic in forum, where You can read everything about my model, but there's photo of it - http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cieza ... ge_089.jpg ( second truck from the left side ). I was using my idea for suspension, but if I had better transmission from electric motors it would be work better ( http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=298566 - I changed it little also).

What can I say about your model - looks great! But how it's working? I see, You don't use one axle for drive, there are two - for left and right tyres. It makes tatra simplier to build, yes, but when we're talking about what we choose - realism or better working. Second what little boring is that, why right or left half-axles aren't little onward? You know, how in real Tatra. I guess 1/3 or max. 1 stud makes it more realism.

It is only my opinion. I'm not writing a much in this forum, but I have built Tatra, so I know little, how it strange to do.

Shmade

#7 Post autor: Shmade »

I decided to use two axles for drive because this way it functions like left/right differential, and the sides aren't onward just to simplify construction, e.g. it may be problem for steering, I don't know maybe not, but I didn't even try it.

I tried to take some Tatra characteristics and transform them into Lego model with some differences but with simillar efect...
I believe that it is possible to build real Tatra chassis with all features, but not in 1/13 scale...

Although now my chassis looks simple and easy to build there was many things that I had to solve, biggest problem was that there is too little space... I have ideas for some improvements, but they can't fit anywhere. :)
Ostatnio zmieniony 2009-06-18, 17:08 przez Shmade, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
Emilus
Adminus Emeritus
brickshelf: Emilus
Kontakt:

#8 Post autor: Emilus »

Looks nice, and what about efficiency?

Movie please...

Awatar użytkownika
ManiekManiak
brickshelf: ManiekManiak

#9 Post autor: ManiekManiak »

So little weight is really good result. Maybe beacuse of only one Battery Box. Nice interior. Waiting for video to say something about off-road abilities. Isn't these suspension too hard? I want to see how it works.

Shmade

#10 Post autor: Shmade »

The suspension on the first axle is now after I finished the cabine not hard, but too soft :) I am going to change it little bit. On other axles it is good...

And abilities... When I tested just the chassis alone, the results was realy good, but now it is much poorer, main reason is the big weight in front.

Just the chassis abilities: (1,4 kg weight)
can go up on 9,7 cm step, can go over 19,5 cm gap, can climb on wood up to 43°

But as I said, now it is far from these numbers, just the climbing didn't changed a lot.
Ostatnio zmieniony 2009-06-18, 18:00 przez Shmade, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
Ramzes
brickshelf: Ramzes
Kontakt:

#11 Post autor: Ramzes »

It looks lile really good. But one thing is worring me. You have one battery box. I think it could be not enough power, but maybe i am wrong:)
We are waiting for the movie!!!
Greetings
Long is the way AND Hard, that out of hell leadsup to Light.

Shmade

#12 Post autor: Shmade »

Hi, today it was rainy in the morning, so no movie shooting. :(

But I was not doing nothing, I finished things that I forgot, and also made some changes behind the cabin...

Here it is.

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Tomek
brickshelf: tomke92

#13 Post autor: Tomek »

But, maybe You can record small movie in your home, where Tatra is crossing some tyres or other barriers :)?

Shmade

#14 Post autor: Shmade »

Actualy I took some footage on my balcony, I didn't want to present it because it is not so nice as ride in nature, but ok, now I am editing it just a bit to remove boring scenes. I'll give a link later...

Awatar użytkownika
Kubrick
VIP
Kontakt:

#15 Post autor: Kubrick »

I like this rollcage. It's very nice rollcage :D

ODPOWIEDZ