[MOC] Stilzkin Igniz offroad vehicle

Wszystko co związane z / everything about LEGO Truck Trial, Cross Country, Truck Racing, Outdoor Car Racing

Moderatorzy: BJ, Aleksander Spyra, Blaha, Atros, ManiekManiak, omen, Mod Team, BJ, Aleksander Spyra, Blaha, Atros, ManiekManiak, omen, Mod Team

Autor
Wiadomość
Awatar użytkownika
mahjqa
brickshelf: mahjqa
Kontakt:

[MOC] Stilzkin Igniz offroad vehicle

#1 Post autor: mahjqa »

Obrazek

Link to youtube

Dzień dobry.

I see from my logs that I get a lot of people from this forum looking at my MOC, so I thought I'd open a topic to answer some questions you might have. I couldn't find where you were linking it from, so I thought it would be best to open a new topic. Sadly, Polish isn't a language I speak. English and German I understand, though.

Do widzenia!
Ostatnio zmieniony 2009-11-06, 10:17 przez mahjqa, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
I'm doing science!

Awatar użytkownika
Sariel
VIP
brickshelf: Sariel
Kontakt:

#2 Post autor: Sariel »

How much did these rubber tracks cost in total? Do they tend to fall off?
Ostatnio zmieniony 2009-11-06, 10:38 przez Sariel, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
mahjqa
Kontakt:

#3 Post autor: mahjqa »

I needed 288 of these: Obrazek. At $ 0.075 apiece that cost me $21,60. Considering the dollar exchange rate, I don't think that's all too expensive. (Of course, I bought a little more than that.)

The track does not run off, because of these parts: Obrazek
They are used in the track, and they stay between the 24-tooth gears and the sprocket wheels, so there is no chance of the track falling off. You can see it better in this picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28134808@N02/4070121768/
I'm doing science!

Awatar użytkownika
Sariel
VIP
Kontakt:

#4 Post autor: Sariel »

Interesting. By the way, I like the innovative technique you've used to create the container on the rear chassis. Guess it could be used to build a large truck concrete mixer with some really round shapes :)

kris kelvin

#5 Post autor: kris kelvin »

Dzień dobry.

Ściągacie posiłki zza granicy Sariel?

Do widzenia.

Awatar użytkownika
Sariel
VIP
Kontakt:

#6 Post autor: Sariel »

Tak, Technicowcy na całym świecie łączą siły przeciwko zamkom. Bój się :P

Awatar użytkownika
szarikm
Adminus Emeritus
brickshelf: szarikm

#7 Post autor: szarikm »

Dzisiaj Longer wpadnie w deprechę jak zobaczy ten pojazd :)

djtermoz

#8 Post autor: djtermoz »

Incredible. It not only looks great but also moves great! The ability to climb through a really tough terrain as shown in the video is impressive. Especially that part when one Igniz drove over the other. I assume those rubberized tracks must help a lot getting a good traction, plus a second pair of powered tracks on the trailer must be helping pushing the vehicle through tall obstacles.

Fistach

#9 Post autor: Fistach »

That's probably the only vehicle built that actually can drive over the same vehicle. That's madness! Although I like the grey's truck design more the red's one is still neat.

Awatar użytkownika
mahjqa
Kontakt:

#10 Post autor: mahjqa »

First I'd like to thank everyone for their great responses, this is why three months work on this thing was worth it :)

djtermoz: Yes, the rubber gets great traction. I was worried that the plastic parts in the threads would make it slip, but that hasn't happened. For every plastic part that touches the ground there are three rubber parts, so it works out fine.

The trailer indeed pushes the front part upwards, but after that the front part actually has to pull the trailer up. To make sure this works, the front part needs to be heavier. A friend of mine actually worked out that this works best for trucks as well.

Fistach: The grey one indeed looks more detailed, and it was supposed to be the only Igniz. However, building it out of all those bricks and plates added more than half a kilo to it's weight, and that completely killed the performance. So I took the tracks from the grey one, and built the red one with low-weight parts. I had some stickers made so it wouldn't look too dull. However, the red one looks better now every time I see it.
Ostatnio zmieniony 2009-11-06, 22:16 przez mahjqa, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
I'm doing science!

ODPOWIEDZ